Activating Windows has several advantages. If you want to use all the features of the Windows operating system, you must activate your operating system as soon as possible. Countless Windows users try to activate their windows every day, and most of them encounter “error code 0xC004F025: access denied or Windows cannot be activated on this device at this moment” when trying to “activate Windows using the software license management tool. If you are also having problems with Windows activation, don’t worry, we have put together some effective solutions that can help you fix Windows error code 0xC004F025.
Table of Contents:
What is the cause of Windows activation error code 0xc004f025?
After analyzing several user reports, it was concluded that there are several triggers that may be the main cause of this error in your system.
- Incorrect product key: this error occurs on your computer when you try to activate Windows with an incorrect product key. If you can’t remember your authorized product key, don’t panic, because you can get that key on your computer by following a few simple steps listed in Solution 1.
- Permissions problems: in most cases, Windows activation error code 0xc004f025 appears on the screen if you do not have administrator rights when activating Windows. To solve this problem, follow the steps listed in Solution 4.
- Files left over from an older license key: your operating system keeps records of dependencies associated with your Windows product key. If there is a dependency in your directory associated with an old license key, you may encounter a Windows error code 0xc004f025 on your computer. Follow the instructions in Solution 2 to make sure that the old dependencies do not interfere with the new ones.
- New hardware: if you recently replaced an existing critical hardware component in your processor with a new one or purchased a new computer, there is a good chance that you are encountering Windows 10 error code 0xc004f025.
Run the Windows 10 activation troubleshooter
Windows activation troubleshooter should be your first option if you encounter Windows error code 0xc004f025 when activating your system. The built-in Windows troubleshooter has proven to be useful in practice.
For example, you can use the troubleshooter to solve problems such as high CPU load by Microsoft Software Protection Platform service, unidentified network, Canon printer not responding, Canon printer not responding, offline printer, etc. Д.
So it’s worth running the Windows Activation Troubleshooter. You can run it to see if activation troubleshooter can fix 0xc004f025 error. How to run this troubleshooter? You can perform the following steps.
Step 1: Press and hold the Windows and I keys to open the settings window.
Step 2: Then go to the “Update and Security” section.
Step 3: Click on the “Activation” option in the left pane, and then go to the right side of the window.
Step 4: Scroll down, find the “Troubleshooting” option and click it.
Step 5: After that, the troubleshooter will run automatically to detect and fix problems affecting your Windows activation. You just need to wait patiently for the process to complete. If there is anything you need to do, just follow the instructions.
Use the command line
If you are denied access to the login screen due to an activation failure, running the slmgr.vbs -rearm command can fix this anomaly. This command clears all attributes it contains and resets the license state, which eliminates the Windows activation error 0xC004F025. How to proceed:
- Press the Windows key and hotkey X to open the power menu.
- Select “Run” from the list of options.
- In the text box, type cmd while holding down Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- When prompted to control user accounts, click Yes.
- At the elevated privileges command prompt, type the following code and press Enter.
- slmgr -arm.
- On the next screen, click OK to confirm the next task.
- After the setup is complete, reboot your system.
Now you can try to activate your Windows 10 operating system and see the effect right away.
Reactivate Windows after a hardware change
Recent hardware changes can also cause Windows OEM activation error 0xC004F025. The same goes for motherboards or other important parts. If you have made any hardware changes, you need to restart Windows 10 with the original product key.